A ‘strong female character’
DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN
- a character who is physically strong
- a character who is mentally strong
- a character who is emotionally strong
- a character who makes her own choices, even if they’re mistakes
- a character whose point of view is explored at least briefly
- a character who is the hero of her own story whether she knows it or not
And that’s just a strong character, really.
at monash university in melbourne the women’s department had a bake sale and cupcakes were one dollar for men and eighty cents for women and seventy cents for trans* people to represent the wage gap and heaps of guys kicked off about it being sexist and that’s how i finally understood how hypocritical and ignorant men’s rights activism is
to be fair that is pretty darn sexist… why cant stuff just be EQUAL for everyone?
If you think this is a joke then you’re not in college yet.